News: Product News
11th September 2012
Seminar: 3D micro-surface measurements of precision components, Wednesday 8th November 2023, 8.30am - 12.15pm
12th October 2023 • Read »
4D Technology in conjunction with Quantum Design are hosting a workshop ‘Inteferometry for Metrology’ at the OpTIC Technology Centre, Glyndwr University, St Asaph on 16 March 2023.
23rd January 2023 • Read »
Taylor Hobson measurement products have been used for many years in the nuclear industry for checking, measuring and monitoring alignment and level. Camera systems and motorised focus accessories allow the telescope to be operated remotely from the telescope.
13th September 2022 • Read »
An easy way to view the full dimensional metrology range in one virtual showroom:
8th July 2021 • Read »
Peen marking/engraving for parts identification is a critical element in industries such as aviation, defence and medical
7th September 2020 • Read »
New Product Release: ULTRA Autocollimator from Taylor Hobson
Using the latest CCD technology and touch screen software, the new Dual Axis Autocollimator has a wide range combined with high accuracy for precise calculation and analysis of straightness, flatness, parallelism, squareness and angle.
Replacing the older models of autocollimator (DA80, DA200, DA300, DA400 and DA20) the Ultra Autocollimator incorporates a number of new design features:
- The measurement head uses the latest CCD technology
- The electronics/meter unit has been replaced with a simple touch-screen tablet PC
- Operation is software driven with the full electro-optics applications software package now included as standard
- Laser sighting aid supplied for easy set up
- Wide measurement range (1800 seconds) *
- High accuracy (0.2 seconds over 800 seconds, 0.4 seconds over whole range) *
* A high precision version of the above Ultra Autocollimator is also available, ideal for ultra-precision measurements and indexing of small angles (Measuring range: 300 secs, 0.1 seconds accuracy over central 100s (0.2 seconds over full range)).
The most common application for the Taylor Hobson Dual Axis Autocollimator is the simultaneous two axis straightness measurement of machine tool slides. Measurements are automatically taken in both X and Y directions at each measurement position along the slideway; typically a 10 metre slide can be checked in only 5 minutes. Additional accessories allow twist (roll), parallelism and squareness to be set and checked.
Rotary tables, indexing heads and polygons can also be checked using the versatile Ultra Autocollimator.