News: Product News
11th September 2012
Explore New Dimensions at the National Space Centre: Spectrum Metrology will be hosting an Open Day this June in conjunction with Taylor Hobson and FARO. Register now ...
12th March 2019 • Read »
We are pleased to announce that the 4D InSpec XL surface defect gauge has won the 2019 Prism award in Test and Measurement. The award was presented to 4D Technology during the Photonics West 2019 expo by SPIE, the International Society for Optics and Photonics.
20th February 2019 • Read »
Autocollimators were used to align the optical components when the University of Leicester built the pioneering CompAQS scanner in collaboration with Surrey Satellite Technology and DL Optics Ltd
18th October 2018 • Read »
Spectrum Metrology invites visitors to the MACH exhibition to witness the optical clarity and precision of their latest digital projectors and video microscopes, manufactured by German designers Dr Schneider Messtechnik.
6th March 2018 • Read »
Shipbuilders and marine engineers Cammell Laird are using the Micro Alignment Telescope to assist with precise alignment of the ships propeller shafts to the marine engine during build of the Sir David Attenborough polar research vessel
26th January 2018 • Read »
New Product Release: ULTRA Autocollimator from Taylor Hobson
Using the latest CCD technology and touch screen software, the new Dual Axis Autocollimator has a wide range combined with high accuracy for precise calculation and analysis of straightness, flatness, parallelism, squareness and angle.
Replacing the older models of autocollimator (DA80, DA200, DA300, DA400 and DA20) the Ultra Autocollimator incorporates a number of new design features:
- The measurement head uses the latest CCD technology
- The electronics/meter unit has been replaced with a simple touch-screen tablet PC
- Operation is software driven with the full electro-optics applications software package now included as standard
- Laser sighting aid supplied for easy set up
- Wide measurement range (1800 seconds) *
- High accuracy (0.2 seconds over 800 seconds, 0.4 seconds over whole range) *
* A high precision version of the above Ultra Autocollimator is also available, ideal for ultra-precision measurements and indexing of small angles (Measuring range: 300 secs, 0.1 seconds accuracy over central 100s (0.2 seconds over full range)).
The most common application for the Taylor Hobson Dual Axis Autocollimator is the simultaneous two axis straightness measurement of machine tool slides. Measurements are automatically taken in both X and Y directions at each measurement position along the slideway; typically a 10 metre slide can be checked in only 5 minutes. Additional accessories allow twist (roll), parallelism and squareness to be set and checked.
Rotary tables, indexing heads and polygons can also be checked using the versatile Ultra Autocollimator.