News: Product News
11th September 2012
Peen marking/engraving for parts identification is a critical element in industries such as aviation, defence and medical
7th September 2020 • Read »
Shipbuilders around the world are currently facing the challenge of reducing their environmental impact. The alignment telescope is used for accurate alignment of engines, propeller shafting and stern tubes - reducing vibration and wear which cause fuel inefficiencies.
23rd April 2020 • Read »
Watch our short video to see how this handheld gauge and 3D analysis software measures chamfer, edge rounding and edge break at high speed.
16th April 2020 • Read »
Spectrum Metrology is pleased to introduce a ground-breaking handheld gauging system to the MRO Europe exhibition for rapid micro-defect/corrosion analysis directly on the shopfloor. The 4D INSPEC Â® inspection gauge is a completely new method of reliably measuring micro-defects in 3D such as scratches nicks, pits, protrusions, radius of curvature of grooves, spheres and shafts â€“ even rivet geometry.
8th August 2019 • Read »
Explore New Dimensions at the National Space Centre: Spectrum Metrology will be hosting an Open Day this June in conjunction with Taylor Hobson and FARO. Register now ...
12th March 2019 • Read »
New Product Release: ULTRA Autocollimator from Taylor Hobson
Using the latest CCD technology and touch screen software, the new Dual Axis Autocollimator has a wide range combined with high accuracy for precise calculation and analysis of straightness, flatness, parallelism, squareness and angle.
Replacing the older models of autocollimator (DA80, DA200, DA300, DA400 and DA20) the Ultra Autocollimator incorporates a number of new design features:
- The measurement head uses the latest CCD technology
- The electronics/meter unit has been replaced with a simple touch-screen tablet PC
- Operation is software driven with the full electro-optics applications software package now included as standard
- Laser sighting aid supplied for easy set up
- Wide measurement range (1800 seconds) *
- High accuracy (0.2 seconds over 800 seconds, 0.4 seconds over whole range) *
* A high precision version of the above Ultra Autocollimator is also available, ideal for ultra-precision measurements and indexing of small angles (Measuring range: 300 secs, 0.1 seconds accuracy over central 100s (0.2 seconds over full range)).
The most common application for the Taylor Hobson Dual Axis Autocollimator is the simultaneous two axis straightness measurement of machine tool slides. Measurements are automatically taken in both X and Y directions at each measurement position along the slideway; typically a 10 metre slide can be checked in only 5 minutes. Additional accessories allow twist (roll), parallelism and squareness to be set and checked.
Rotary tables, indexing heads and polygons can also be checked using the versatile Ultra Autocollimator.